31 facts about left-handed people
August 11, 2018
We live in a right-handed world but there are some left-handed people about 10% to 15% of the population. It is at first observed on 13th August 1976 that there are many left-handed people also. So at 13th August in every year, we celebrate their uniqueness and differences and also promote the awareness of the inconveniences faced by left-handers in a world full of right-handed people. It’s been 41 years, but there are thousands of people who are left-handed have adapted to use right-handed tools and objects.
Today I tell you some unknown and interesting facts about left-handed people.
1. Between 10-15% of people on the earth are lefties.
2. Left-handedness come more likely in twins babies.
3. Left-handed people mostly use the right side of their brain.
4. Left-handed people are able to do many tasks at the same time, they are better at multi-tasking.
5. Lefties are more genius than right-handed people and they have greater IQ level.
6. Left-handed people lose their temper more rapidly than right-handed people.
7. According to the research, there are some pieces of evidence that left-handed people are more creative like they have better in thinking, idea generation, problem solution and even they have many possible solutions of one specific solution.
8. Left-handed people have less tendency to bear fear than right-handed people. As left-handed people use their right side of the brain and both sides of the brain have different roles in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and right-hand-side of the brain seems to be involved in fear.
9. They are expert in the fight and will always win because they show more evenness between sides and believed to be more balanced.
10. Lefties are champions and the best in some sports and no one can beat them in it. Sports like basketball, tennis, boxing, video game, and fencing.
11. This fact is the little bit interesting that the premature babies have the risk of being left-handed. A theory shows that the left-handedness is caused by slightly brain damage due to the early birth and do not complete the process of brain development.
12. Lefties are more likely to suffer from allergies, traumas, insomnia, migraines and have some psychotic disorder and problems.
13. Lefties don’t hold grudges and any type of bad thoughts in their mind or heart about others. They are short temper but they forget others mistakes when they become calm.
14. Left-handedness also linked with pregnancy stress. If mother touches her face more with her left hand during stress, it is the first sign of the left-handed child.
15. Left-handed people are more likely to hesitate to do anything as compare to the right-hander. Right-hander tends to jump in a bit more.
16. I don’t know it is a curse or disadvantage but it is a fact that left-handed people earn less money than right-handed people.
17. Women are less likely to left- handed.
18. Research shows that left-handed woman less than men by about 5 percentage point.
Leftie death facts
19. In a year, more than 2,500 left-handed people are killed by using products made for right-handed people.
20. Lefties just have more accident than righties especially car accident.
21. Lefties were 3 times more likely to suffer from the immune disorder and 2.5 times more have been hospitalized at some point.
22. Left-handed people die earlier than righties and its claim that left hand died nine years earlier than right-handers.
23. I guess left-handed is the sign of success because there are many celebrities whose are a left-hander.
24. Tom Cruise, Whoopi Goldberg, Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey and many decreases celebrities like Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, and many others.
25. In fact, at least the seven presidents of US are left-handed including three of the last five.
26. Left-handed people are awesome and incredible at making the adjustment.
27. They have an outstanding scene of humor.
28. They don’t have dominant in nature so they are perfect for the life partner.
29. They have the ability to adjust seeing underwater quicker.
30. Nails grow faster on left hand.
31. They are not able or less able to roll their tongue just like righties.