Diabetes (Types, symptoms, prevention, diet, medication)
September 14, 2018
More than 20 million people affected with diabetes only in US. And about 80% of people know that they are suffering from this. Diabetes is occurring when your blood sugar (glucose) is too high. Blood sugar is a main source of energy and come when you eat anything. Insulin helps glucose to get into your cells and used for energy. Insulin is a hormone which is made by the pancreas. When your body don’t make enough insulin and sugar that you get from food you eat are doesn’t reach your cells the stay in your blood and increase the level of blood sugar which is harmful for you. Diabetes has no cure but you have to manage your diabetes and take caution.
There are three types of diabetes. Type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes your immune system attacks and destroys the cells that make insulin in your pancreas. This type is usually diagnosed in children and young adults. But it can be appear at any age. The people who suffer from type 1 diabetes have to take insulin every day for stay alive. In type 2 diabetes your body doesn’t make and use insulin well. It can be develop at any age may be in childhood. But it normal occur most in middle age and old age. This type of diabetes is most common. Gestational diabetes develops in some women when they are pregnant. If diabetes is develop during pregnancy is actually type 2 diabetes. It went away after baby is born.
The next question which is appearing in our mind is which is worse diabetes type 1 or type 2. So the answer is type 1 diabetes is worse. Because a person with type 1 diabetes is ignore it for a day and he or she will end up in emergency room. Type 1 diabetes patient’s body can’t absorb glucose without insulin continuous supply of insulin with injection or insulin pump. But on the other hand, type 2 diabetes can be prevented with the healthy lifestyle maintaining weight, eating habit and regular exercise.
Health problems after diabetes is develop
- 1. Heart disease
- 2. Kidney disease
- 3. Nervous damage
- 4. Feet problems
- 5. Bones and joint problems
- 6. Teeth and gum infection
- 7. Skin infection
High blood sugar symptoms list
- 1. Thirst
- 2. Hunger
- 3. Weight loss
- 4. Excess amount of urine
- 5. Blur vision
- 6. Headache
- 7. Wound slowly healed
- 8. Skin dry
- 9. Mood swings
- 10. Fruit smelling breath
How to lower high blood pressure
- 1. Control stress level through yoga and relaxation methods will help you to control blood pressure.
- 2. Keep healthy weight will help you to normal your blood sugar level and reduce the risk of developing diabetes.
- 3. Exercise regularly will help your muscle to pick up sugar from blood and increase insulin sensitivity.
- 4. Monitor sugar level regularly will help you to adjust foods to decrease your sugar level.
- 5. More water intake can help you to stay hydrated and reduce sugar level.
Exercises to lower blood sugar
- 1. Walk indoor or outdoor, in a mall or on a track.
- 2. Swim or do aerobic in water make your muscle strong.
- 3. Ride bicycle outdoor or stationary bicycle indoor.
- 4. Flexibility training improves your muscle, joint and relaxes your muscle.
How to prevent from diabetes
- 1. Eat real food not processed food like fruit, vegetables and beans.
- 2. Control your weight because overweight is one simple cause of diabetes.
- 3. Get moving and don’t stick with one place. Working your muscle and make them hard.
- 1. Diabetic patients must concern about their diets. They can’t eat sugar or any heavy food.
- 2. They must eat healthy and regularly from the following five food groups
- 3. Grain and Starch (Beans, wheat, brown rice, popcorn (minus salt), grain barley, etc)
- 4. Vegetables (Spinach, kale, cucumber(best), onions, cauliflower, broccoli)
- 5. Fruits (Apricot, cherry, citrus fruits, papaya)
- 6. Milk (low fat)
- 7. Meat (preferable white meat)
- Don’t eat salty, fat and heavy foods.
- Don’t eat food that are high in sugar such as cakes, pies, cereal, jam, jelly, ice-cream or candy.
- Never drink sugar sweetened beverages like sodas and fruit juices.
- Never skip meal, I say NEVER.
- Eat saturated fats such as butter, coconut oil, cheeses, palm oil.
Insulin aspart is a human made product that is like human insulin. It replaces insulin from your body, that your body normally make. It is used to control high blood sugar in people with diabetics. This medication is used with a medium and long acting insulin product.
Insulin lispro is again a human made product that is like human insulin. It controls high blood sugar that helps to prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems and sexual function problems.